Live like there's no tomorrow, dance like no one's watching, laugh often, love much, and DREAM BIG!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bad (and painful) Day

Quick note:  I'm starving... if anyone loves me enough to go get me food, I'll give you money.  It hurts too much to walk to my car to do it myself.  The food is not worth the pain.


THIS IS ME, and not only because it rained all day today.
 


I should be doing homework, or something productive like that.
But as of right now, there is no way that's happening.
It started out as a great morning.
In fact, it was awesome.  I tumbled and beat my record. I did more handsprings than I've ever done in my life - thanks to a long tumbling floor and a coach/boss who pushes me!  It's kinda a big deal for me.  I've been tumbling on and off for the last three years, so to beat my record from when I was at my peak in high school was a great boost for me!
And then I began working on my back tucks (aka back flips).  Well, somehow, one went wrong and when I landed, my ankle felt like it had collasped.  How lame is that? It's only one tuck and suddenly I was injured.
So... I sat there, pretending it didn't hurt half as badly as it did (I've never felt so much physical pain in my life). I then had to teach pre-school tumbling as I tried to keep the tears from falling down my face.


After teaching I went to the instacare at IHC.  They did an X-ray, the doctor looked at the X-ray for like 1/2 a second (ok, maybe 30 seconds) and told me I had a bad sprain, that something's wrong with the ligaments in my ankle, that I shouldn't do anything on it for the next few weeks or else it'll break, and that I needed to wear the (FLIMSY) brace she gave me.  The end.  "Great" doctor, eh?  Here I am, feeling more pain than I've ever felt, I can hardly walk, and all she tells me is that "something's" wrong with the ligaments in my ankle?


As it turns out, one of my co-workers went to that same doctor who basically told him the same thing, so he went to another doctor who told him what was wrong and helped him.  Therefore, I will be going to a "real" doctor tomorrow.


Until then, I will suffer in pain, mope (or limp) around and feel sorry for myself, be angry at the "fake" doctor, and be sad that I can't do any physical activity for a while (if any of you know me, you also know that this is a big deal for me).


OK... I probably sound dramatic. Do I care? No.  I'm already emotional as it is.
So let me be dramatic as I drown in my own pettiness (feel free to laugh at this point - it's OK).   Also, I doubt much of this post even makes sense.


And, as much as I SO DO NOT want to, I will post some positive notes.
1. I beat my tumbling record.
2. I found ice to put on my ankle.
3. I have an apt. with a good doctor tomorrow.
4. I have great coworkers.
5.  After a long rainy day, the sun is out.
6. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!
7.  Up until this point, this week has really been great.


the end







2 comments:

  1. Callie. This is terrible news! I'm so sorry! If I lived in Logan, or you lived in Provo, I'd get you food. Fo sho girl! Hope your ankle gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callie, you are amazingly strong!! There is no way I could have taught after an injury like that. Let me know how your appointment goes today with the real doctor!!! Wish I was up there to bring you food.

    ReplyDelete