Live like there's no tomorrow, dance like no one's watching, laugh often, love much, and DREAM BIG!

Monday, April 9, 2012

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - J.K. Rowling

I have not blogged in so long, so I thought I might as well catch you up (whoever "you" is).  As usual, I don't know what I'm going to write, but what matters is that I'm putting my thoughts out into the world (which I'll probably regret in the future, but that's besides the point).  And maybe, one day, some historian in the year 3000 will come across this blog and find some significance in my words (hmmm now that I think about it, that's be pretty funny).


To start off, I can't help but express how grateful I am.  I truly live a beautiful life.  There are so many times when I get caught up in thoughts about the future.  I can't help but dream of the time when I'll be so blessed to be able to marry the person I love most in the world in one of God's Temples to be sealed forever - for time and eternity.  It's so amazing that God has created a way that makes it so that marriage, love, and family doesn't have to end with death.  It's only one of the many reasons I am so grateful to have Christ's restored Gospel, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in my life.  It is my life.  I am also so excited to be able to apply my knowledge of family and parenting to my own family someday (note: "someday" is not today... or tomorrow... or next year, etc. - just to clarify).


While it is fun to dream of these things that will happen someday, I can't help but feel that I am already living "the dream."  It only gets better from here, yet right now is already so amazing.


Yes, just like everybody else, I have struggles and challenges that sometimes seem overwhelming and unfair.  However, there is so much good in my life that I can't help but be grateful and happy - even during the hard times.  First, as we all know, true friends are so difficult to find.  They are rare.  Yet, I am incredibly blessed to have true friends in my life. I couldn't help but realize and remember this throughout this last weekend when I went bowling, attended homecomings, and wedding planned with the best of the best people in my life. Second, I have an amazing family.  I love my four eldest brothers, my sister-in-laws, and my nieces and nephews so much.  I don't know if they will ever realize how much I love spending time with them - I wish I lived nearer to them so that I could see them more often.  There's also my two other brothers, Jared and Ian.  While they tease me more than I deserve (a brother's duty), they are always making me laugh.  Also, my parents make endless sacrifices for me - it's incredible.  Third, I have the most amazing experiences that I learn so much from.  Some of these are difficult, and some of these are careless and fun, yet they all add so much meaning to my life.  Last, and most importantly, I have the Gospel in my life.  It is the only reason I live this beautiful life.  I don't know why God picked me to live this life, but He did.  And Christ died so that I might live.  For that, I am forever indebted to Him.  My life is His.


In addition to these four major parts of my life, I also have the best job, I'm going to a great school, I have the most amazing opportunities, I'm learning so much, and I have so much FUN!  Some days are better than others, but what matters is that there is something good to find in every day.


How can I not be grateful with all of these things in my life?  God blesses me so much.
As I have previously mentioned, I live such a beautiful life.

Sometimes, it leaves me speechless.


p.s....
 the sun is out...
I'm listening to show tunes and cheesy pop music...
 and am dancing around in my apartment...
AND THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT!







p.s.2. leave comments and your blogging address :)

No comments:

Post a Comment