Live like there's no tomorrow, dance like no one's watching, laugh often, love much, and DREAM BIG!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Roadkill

According to my doctor, I shouldn't even be blogging.  But, I don't care.  If anything it'll relieve stress and help me get better (which is the way I see it).  I don't think it'll take too much "energy."

Basically, I'm sick.  Some "virus" has invaded my body and has turned me into a vegetable - and who likes vegetables?

So, besides the fact that I feel like roadkill, literally, except for I'm not dead, I am extremely blessed.

The doctor said I should not being working, going to school, going out, or doing anything that causes stress or energy to think, unfortunately including homework.  I'm even supposed to keep my feet covered "just in case" so that my body doesn't use energy to stay warm.  I've NEVER even thought of such a thing.

What's wrong? My head aches, my muscles hurt, I don't know when the chills are going to come and surprise me and wake me up, my throat feels like it has scabbed and those scabs that aren't healed are being ripped apart anyways... I won't continue with more details, you're probably already disgusted with that last image.

Ok, now to the extremely blessed part....

I'll start from the beginning.

1.  Yesterday, my amazing friend Kylie came and hung out with me and made me feel all better even though we didn't know what I was sick with.  Therefore, she risked her health for me.  What kind of a friend does such a thing? Oh yeah... KYLIE does!

2.  Two amazing worthy Priesthood holders took time out of their busy lives when no one else seemed available and gave me some extra help.  And they will never know how much of a difference that extra help has made.

3.  My roommate, Miranda, took care of  me last night and convinced me to take medicine.  This medicine outright knocked me out and I was able to sleep ALL NIGHT LONG!  Which is kind of a big deal, I haven't slept a whole night in so long.

4.  This Miranda girl also gave me the secrets on how to get into a good doctor at the Wellness center.  And I did get into this doctor who has sentenced me to days full of....  Oh yeah... nothing lol.  But I am grateful to know how to get better.

5.  My dad was randomly in town this morning and visited me :)

6.  THIS IS A BIG ONE!!!  I VERY hesitantly emailed my professors about being so sick, and all of those who have replied are giving me till the end of next week to hand in assignments that are really due tomorrow and Monday!  They are helping me, an insignificant and pathetic student, to survive academically!  How often do professors do this? Um.... almost never.  But they did it this time, and it was an answer to my prayers.

7. The last one:  My amazing roommate, Ashlena, brought me a little snack.  Little does she know that I've hardly eaten today due to a lack of appetite, lack of energy to cook something, and a lack of willingness to ask for help.  Also, she wanted to watch a movie with me.  Once again... Little does she know.  I've been alone in the apartment almost all day.  Therefore, to have her right here besides me - it just makes me feel less alone.

See how blessed I am?  I may be physically feeling like roadkill.  But emotionally, I feel AMAZING.

And I owe it all to God.  It is due to Him that I am so blessed as I currently am - more than I deserve.  And that is the Love of God right there.

Ok... I'm done.. sorry for multiple mistakes because I can't think... nor am I allowed to due to "energy."  Therefore, I refuse to proof read this blog.  Because, it is only a blog.  And hardly anyone reads it anyways (as far as I know).

Later :)

2 comments:

  1. Callie!! Get better!! Listen to your doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALLIE!!!
    I really want you to get better! I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete