Live like there's no tomorrow, dance like no one's watching, laugh often, love much, and DREAM BIG!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Do I have time to do this? Probably not.


 I find that I like to blog when I'm happy, reflective, or bored.


Today, I blog because I am happy.


This week, was a little bit difficult.  You know how I wrote of my struggle with perfectionism and fear of failure in my last post?  Well, this week I've been so incredibly stressed with school because of those two things.  I've been WAY too serious for my liking - in reality, I've got to chill.  


And somehow, God knew that when I didn't, and he set up different things this weekend that would allow me to get my stress out and let loose.


Work was so much fun this week, I love getting to know these kids and helping them achieve things they've never though possible.  While teaching them, I've taught myself - and I learned a REALLY BIG lesson. So many times this week, my little tumblers kept saying, "This is SO hard!"  And I'd reply, " It's supposed to be hard.  It's what makes you better!  And I push you because I know you and I know you can do it!"  My favorite part of this encouragement is when they get that huge smile on their faces and they believe the words I say, which I love, because these words are true.  These kids are amazing and they do not see their capabilities, so I push them to show them what their capabilities are.


The lesson part:  HELLOoOo! This applies to me too!  This life, is SO hard.  And right now, it's as if I can hear God say, "Callie, it's supposed to be hard.  These hard things are making you better, and I push you because I know you, and I know what you are capable of. "  Somehow, God sees so much more in me than I do.  He knows I can do these hard things.  And it's about time I begin believing him when he tells me so.


Now, onto the next thing... One of my best friends, Matt Soelberg, came home from his mission just over a week ago!  Last Saturday he visited me at my home, and we just talked for about two hours.  THEN (this part really made my day) he came to Logan to visit me and go to a basketball game, and last night, we just talked - again - for about 4 hours.  We did nothing else (besides bake muffins).  And let me tell you, it was just the best ever.  Do you know how awesome it is to be able to talk with one of your best friends in that way after not having seen that friend for two years?  Do you know how hard it is for me to keep up conversation for so long with anyone else?  Do you know that it made me feel so special that he would take that time out of his life just to hang out and do nothing but talk with me?


He has basically  just reminded me of why I love these guy friends from high school so much.  To me, they aren't even high school friends, they are life-long friends.  They have always made me feel special and of worth - like I'm different than every other girl in the world.  In the summer, I felt special all summer long being one of the only Americans/Mormons in Sun Valley, and being a counselor at EFY.  Well, I finally have that special feeling back - and not necessarily because I'm different than everyone else, but simply because I am me. 


Lastly, I LEAVE TO MOAB TODAY to go hiking with one of my other best friends - Makenna Blaser!  Basically, her dad goes biking with his buddies while Kenna and I go hiking.  And even though her boyfriend is coming, she STILL invited me to come again this time, and that makes me SO happy!  Most girls forget their friends once they have a boy in their lives.  However, the great thing about this friendship that we have is that it doesn't matter what life situation we are in - we will always be friends.  It also doesn't matter how long it's been - we will always act and talk like we've just seen each other the day before.


God knew I needed some carefree moments this week.  And now, here I am, with a great weekend and I'm so grateful to get away from those things that have stressed me out so much!  It's so good for me to remember that it's OK for life to be hard, that I don't have to have a label on my head to feel special and of worth, and that I have friends that I can rely on to always be there!  Also, just a week ago, I had entirely different plans for this weekend.  It's funny how God works like that - He has entirely different plans than we expect for ourselves.  It always ends up that way somehow!  Yet, I always end up happier with his way than I would my own.  I am so incredibly blessed.


Must remember this...



1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you :) I hope you have some more great moments this next week!

    ReplyDelete