Live like there's no tomorrow, dance like no one's watching, laugh often, love much, and DREAM BIG!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things




1.  Cartoons.  Do I realize they aren't real? Yes.  Do I still try to adopt some of the traits of main characters? Yes.  Are cartoon princes and heros attractive? Yes. 

              Thumbelina.  Such a classic fairy tale.  Thumbelina goes through such hard trials, 
but she never stops believing in her love for Cornelius. 
OH yeah... and it's main message... "ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR HEART!"
it also contains my favorite cartoon love song "let me be your wings, let me lift you high above, everything we're dreaming of will soon be ours..... every day I'll take you higher, and I'll never let you fall."  I know I know, me being the cheese ball that I am.  I give you permission to laugh.

                             Pinned Image


                  Beauty and the Beast.  Belle sees the best in EVERY situation... and in every person.  
She has such love for those around her and 
loves to dream about living the kind of life she reads about in books.  
She's so smart and is just good all around!
Most of all, she never settles for less.

Pinned Image

Spongebob Squarepants. YUP - I LOVE this cartoon.  
He's a goofy goober, and I'M A GOOFY GOOBER!


Spongebob

Anime.  My favorite? Rurouni Kenshin.  
He used to be an assassin and then he saw the light, changed his ways, 
and vowed to never kill again... so then he injures to protect.  
He acts all tough on the outside, but on the inside, he's just a softy.  
And his story includes love...and I love love.  And him.  
My brother and I watched EVERY episode of Kenshin in high school!  
If there ever was a hero, it's Kenshin - defeating the evil guys one by one - over and over again!



2.  The sound of glitter...... like when you are watching a movie and something (or in the case of twilight, someone) glitters and you can hear it happen!  Let's face it, I love glitter. period.
                                      glitter glitter glitter


3. Kid's cuisine.  If it's been a bad day, kid's cuisine is the way to go.  I don't get it often, but when I do, it's great.  How can you NOT feel better when you are eating fun shaped chicken nuggets and pudding with sprinkles?
                                          


4.  Long car rides.  
If I'm by myself, I can let my mind go blank and 
sing along to my music at the top of my lungs.  Do I risk getting caught 
dancing by myself in my car?  You know it!

If I'm with people and it's a long LONG ride, then we just talk and talk and talk, and
then deep topics of life come up, new ideas, thoughts, and new perspectives. 
 I love having conversations that are about the important things.  Most of all,
I love knowing what others are thinking about.

5. A new dress. And how that new dress makes me feel.

6. Feathers.  They make me feel like Pocahontas.

                                  feathers, feathers, feathers

7.  Moving water - rivers, oceans, as long as it's moving.  My favorite is to walk in the  middle of a creek or river, trying to stay right side up!

                  

8.  Things or places that have something unique about them.

                                      A fence made out of skis in Sun Valley, ID.  
People have begun donating their own skis to this fence to take part in the fun!

Gargoyle between trees by a log cabin (kinda hidden, as in something you had to look for).
With a gypsy caravan!


9.  Homes and things that have an old romantic look to them.

Secret Gardeni want this house!!


10.  Good old-fashioned letters instead of emails.  It just makes you feel special when someone has taken the time to write and send a personal letter.  It's so exciting to not know when a letter is coming - it's a SURPRISE!
                                  mail!

11.  Little random things that people say or do that make me feel special.  Sometimes, it's just the little things that matter, not so much the big things.
                        Like a simple comment on facebook
                        Or hearing someone talk about me behind my back... 
and instead of bad things, they are saying good things.
Or maybe.... a song dedication from..... someone from far away.....
that let's me know that they do miss me after all....

12.  Soft blankets - I can never have too many (best Christmas gift ever).

                                       Baby in soft blanket.  Hmmm... doesn't that look so nice?

13.  The color..... PURPLE!  I don't know why... I've just grown to love it recently.  (Don't worry aqua, I still love you, too)


Pinned Image






THE END :)  these are just a few of my favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. Like half of the things you just listed off, are my favorite things too!!! I love glitter/glitter sounds! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, and yeah! We should be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE FEATHERS TOO! I want one so so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i love pretty much everything on this post! i loooove thumbelina and beauty and the beast. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Stages of Beauty Giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete